Monday, June 12, 2017

Adventure Awaits in Costa Rica

By Girl Scout Senior Kilani from Moyock

This summer I’ll be attending the international trip to beautiful Costa Rica. I’m looking forward to the memorable moments that I’ll have and all the stunning views. I chose to travel with Girl Scouts because the opportunity came up, and I made the adventurous decision to go.

Quite frankly, at first I never even thought about going to Costa Rica. But then I saw the flier and decided that I had to go. It honestly still surprises me to hear that I’m actually going. Imagine going on about your day and then someone brings it up and you just sit there stunned because it’s actually going to happen. 

This is my first ever international trip. It’s exciting to anticipate what this trip will bring me. I’ll meet new people, eat new foods and see new places. It’ll be like a whole new world with new culture and adventures. 

The trip will be here before I know it, so I have to prepare myself. We’ve already discussed some items that we should pack including some very odd items, such as doggy bags. You may be wondering why, and the answer is simply that in Costa Rica you cannot flush toilet paper. You’re probably wrapping your mind around the idea of not being able to flush toilet paper and instead disposing it, but we’ll see how it goes when we get there. I’m not to worried about it though. It’s hard for me to worry about anything when I’m so ecstatic to just go.