Sunday, November 24, 2019

Supporting Female Excellence: GSCCC Scholarship Awarded

Girl Scout Ambassador Jazzlyn Childs of Troop 4020 is the first recipient to be awarded funds from the She Believes She Can, So She Does Scholarship. The fund was launched two years ago with a gift from Kate Godby, a Girl Scout alum and member of the Juliette Gordon Low Society. Jazzlyn was presented a scholarship certificate at the 2019 Famous Formers Luncheon.

The She Believes She Can, So She Does Scholarship fund was launched two years ago with a gift from Girl Scout Alum Kate Godby. It is available to girls who have been a Girl Scout for the past three membership years and have plans to pursue higher education or vocational training, fueling the leadership and workforce pipeline.

“I was thrilled to be able to award the very first She Believes She Can, So She Does Scholarship,” Kate Godby said.

As part of her scholarship application, Jazzlyn wrote an essay and included what receiving the scholarship would mean to her.

“If awarded this scholarship, it will allow me to continue to grow, mature and continue to walk the path of the Girl Scout Law and Promise. This scholarship will assist me in going to college so that one day I can be an adult capable of strength in the face of adversity, capable of giving back to the community, capable of being an example to others as my mom is to me. I don't expect the college experience to magically transform me into a wise and all-knowing adult. But I am relying on it to help me explore the world of ideas.”

Congratulations, again, to Jazzlyn who is also working on her Girl Scout Gold Award!

See photos from the 2019 Famous Formers Luncheon >>