Friday, January 31, 2020

Local Girl Scout Lifetime Member will Compete in 2020 Samoa Soiree


Meet Kianna Bair the assistant manager at Quintin's Tea Emporium in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Kianna began with Girl Scouts in 2002 as a Girl Scout Brownie and is now a lifetime member. She will bring the flavors and health benefits of high-quality teas to the 12th annual Samoa Soiree on February 20 at the Westin- Virginia Beach Town Center.


What is a favorite or fond memory you have of Girl Scouting?

My favorite memories as a Girl Scout include selling over 1,000 boxes of cookies and getting a commemorative brick with my name on it at Camp Pamunkey Ridge north of Richmond. I also had a week of equestrian fun at summer camp. There, I was a Program Aide and I loved leading other Girl Scouts along the way. Another time, I went to Savannah, Georgia, and visited Juliette Gordon Low's birthplace.

My number one favorite memory is of working a special needs camp. I was later chosen to give a speech about leadership and working with special needs individuals. I then gave an overview at church on Scout Sunday about what I learned. That experience was the gift that kept on giving.

Why do you feel it is important for today’s generations of girls to receive Girl Scouting?
Girl Scouts instills in young women compassion, leadership, skill acquiring, and patience. Still to this day, I leave a place better and cleaner than when I got there. I continue to uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Law in my daily life.

What are you looking forward to as a chef participating in Samoa Soiree?
At the heart of tea it really promotes stillness, companionship, and being present in the moment. I am looking forward to sharing this passion with all in attendance and letting them try our delicious samples and custom tea blends we are working on specially for this event.

Cookie lovers 21 and up should attend the 12th Annual Samoa Soiree for a one-of-a-kind tasting experience. Guests can expect chef-prepared savory dishes, delicious drinks, and tantalizing desserts all using a very special ingredient: Girl Scout Cookies.

Get your tickets today: http://bit.ly/2FEK29S