Monday, July 27, 2020

A Few Words from Our Media Girls

While this may not have been a typical summer, Girl Scouts in our Council have remained busy and active during this time! From working on highest awards projects to spending more time outdoors we have heard a lot of great stories. 


We asked our Media Girls, a special group of GSCCC Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors who assist our MarComm department with projects, to share ways they are having fun and keeping up the Girl Scout spirit!


We got some awesome responses and they were able to put together a very special collage to share with all.



Hear from some of our Media Girls-


“I have recently been doing a lot of virtual classes for some of my Girl Scout badges and patches. I have also been working on my Girl Scout Silver Award project. I’m sewing pillowcases for the CHKD hospital, and I’m making encouraging notes to go with them. I’m hoping to drop off the notes and pillowcases in August!” -Girl Scout Senior Emily


“I am staying engaged by participating in school activities such as the Student Council Association. I am also staying physically active by attending private tumble lessons and helping out around the house more. Lastly, I'm becoming more knowledgeable about social inequalities to prepare to make a difference.” -Girl Scout Senior Noelle 


“I have been spending a lot of my time outdoors these past few weeks. I’m trying to keep busy by riding my bike, watching the baby geese and their families, helping to keep my neighborhood clean by picking up trash, and playing lots of basketball with my dad!”

 -Girl Scout Cadette Lillie 


“During my time at home, I have been spending as much time as possible outside staying active and riding my bike. I have begun working on my Girl Scout Silver Award and hope to have that done by the end of summer. I am also working on multiple badges to keep me busy. As the summer moves on my family plans to take some time to help me earn a few Explore patches around Virginia.” -Girl Scout Cadette Mackenna


“I have stayed engaged during Covid craziness by participating in community service; leading my fellow Baylake Pines Junior Civic Committee members to clean the bay at our beach entrance, and organizing a fun Easter parade with the Easter Bunny to spread cheer! My Girl Scout Troop 13 made 175 “Jars of Love” for local emergency room nurses filled with inspirational messages and candy. In addition, I completed a class to earn my boater’s license, and I got my learner’s permit! I’m also participating in meetings as a GSCCC national delegate.” -Girl Scout Senior Morgan

 

A special thanks to the Media Girls for putting together this fun project and we cannot wait to resume in-person activities when it is safe to do so!

 

Visit gsccc.org for more ways to get involved.